HardwareHeaven and Cryo PC are offering an amazing opportunity for any budding designers, enthusiasts or have-a-go users. The chance to have your own custom computer case design professionally CAD drafted and fabricated by professionals... then have the latest PC components installed and delivered to a spec of your choice by Cryo PC.
Entrants should not feel restricted by current design conventions. Cryo PC are not looking for another beige box; rather something exciting, practical and popular with all types of consumers is more likely to win the day.
Cryo PC will minimise build time as much as possible by delivering the winner a PC in the standard chassis within three weeks of the winning entry being announced. Ultimate delivery time of the winning entrants own chassis will be dependent on its complexity and materials chosen. Cryo will get the winning design professionally CAD drafted, verify component fit and feasibility, make practical modifications, create a prototype, make any necessary modifications to the prototype to accommodate revisions, and finally complete build and testing. Typically this process takes 2-3 months, but can take up to 6 months.
1. First prize - will be a custom PC as designed by the overall winning entrant with a component value of up to £2,500 and a total value likely well in excess of £5000 (including case work, design and fabrication & finishing).
2. Second prize - will be an Gigabyte AMD Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5, AMD 990FX motherboard, AMD CPU FX Series 8120 Black Edition 8 Core Processor Bulldozer CPU.
3. Third prize - will be a Gigabyte AMD HD6970 Radeon graphics card.
4. Fourth prize - will be a Cyborg RAT5 mouse, Cyborg V5 Keyboard and Cyborg V1 gaming surface.
5. Ten runners up prizes - will be Cryo 2GB USB drives and mouse mats.
The competition should be scored out of 100 on a number of scales:
- Simplicity to Manufacture
More detailed info look at: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/competitions.php?competitionid=76